Friday, May 29, 2009

Two more weeks...


Picture taken May 28th

Two more weeks and three days to be exact until we have our first ultrasound appointment and a due date! I am so excited I can barely stand it. I am really looking forward to meeting our baby for the first time, well I guess technically it would be the second, but I am not counting the first because it was so quick and no real information was given besides "there is the sac, and there is the fetal pole." So this time hopefully they say, "there's your baby!" It would be great to actually feel pregnant and not like I am just sick all of the time! And it will be even more exciting to have a date to meet our little bundle of joy!

Pregnancy has definitely been an experience so far. A total surprise when we found out on April 27th, and I think almost every week has brought a surprise since then. It started with night sweets and being lightheaded, which led me to take the pregnancy test, and has slowly progressed to nausea and all day sickness. Finally that is starting to subside. However, if I don't keep something on my stomach every few hours, I am still on my knees in the bathroom. Besides the sickness and feeling like my gut is in my chest another adjustment is going to bed every night by 8! I haven't done that since elementary school, but it is a must now! Especially since I wake up everyday between 4am-5am.

If I had to guess I would say that I am in my 9th week, but there is no way to know for sure until our next ultrasound. 9 weeks means that the baby is growing though and has hands and feet, eyelids and I believe almost all of the internal organs including a now four chamber heart! This week the gender is also fully decided even though you can not tell by ultrasound until after 16 weeks! I have no feelings about the baby's gender so far however, and personally I don't care as long as the baby is healthy and developing.

I have only had one dream and in it I had twins, a boy and a girl. However, the possibility of twins is next to zero. I guess we will see in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh MiMi I cant stand it! Im so happy for you! Your going to be an awsome mommy! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete