1. I picked this picture because this is the most beautiful I have ever felt in my life. Honestly. I didn't feel fat, even though this was the heaviest I have ever been. I didn't feel ugly. I felt beautiful. This picture was taken on Dec 19, 2009. The day after I was due to have Noah.
2. I always imagined that I would have been married by 21 and have two kids by the time I was 27, but obviously God had different plans for me and for that I am thankful! I didn't get married until I was 27 and I didn't have my first child until I was 29!
3. I have always dreamed of being a wife and mother. However, I swore up and down throughout college that "I would NEVER be a stay at home mom!" and now I can not imagine my life if I wasn't. (Again that was God at work ;)
4. I actually do have my college degree...well actually I now have 2. I earned a Bachelors in Psychology from Grand Valley State University in 2003 and I earned an associates degree from the Community College of the Air Force in 2008...but lets be honest, I don't even know what that actual degree is in. I thought it was counter productive to earn them "backwards" anyways so I just never paid attention to it. Maybe I should pull out the diploma and look it up some day.
5. I have struggled my whole life with self-esteem issues even though most people don't know that, but I am working on loving me for me and not who "society" says I should be.
6. My biggest fear in the world is public speaking! I am absolutely terrified to speak in front of people.
7. Out of all the things I have done and seen in my life, my greatest accomplishment was having my son, Noah. He is truly a blessing from God and I am honored to be his momma.
8. I have traveled to 7 different countries...well if you count Grand Cayman as a "country" even though it is a British territory. The countries are Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, Grand Cayman, Belize and Honduras. I absolutely love Central American culture and I hope to do more traveling sometime in the future.
9. I have traveled to at least 30 of the 50 states and I have lived in 5 different states...Michigan, Texas, California, Florida and Hawaii! Next year I will be in State number 6 God Willing!
10. I used to play the Clarinet in middle school and high school and at one time I was actually pretty good at it. I still have my clarinet but haven't touched it in years. However, I think about it every now and then...mainly when I go to get something out of the back closet, but I don't even know if I could remember all the notes if I picked it up and I don't have reeds.
11. My biggest pet peeve in the world is being late to anything! I am a firm believer that if you are not 15 minutes early you are late. Coming in a close second are people who have no common courtesy with cell phones or modern technology. I do not go out to dinner with friends so they can talk/text someone else throughout our visit. If I can see you text-ing and checking your phone in church obviously God can too. And please, please, please turn off your ringer in meetings, movies, gatherings etc. and if you have to take the call LEAVE THE ROOM!
12 I am completely and utterly in love with my husband! He is the only person I ever called my boyfriend. The only man I said "I love you" to in a romantic way, and the only man I ever plan on being married to! For some reason he loves me unconditionally even when I don't love myself, and for that I am thankful.
13. I love to crochet, sew, scrapbook, quilt, cross stitch and a ton of other crafty things that people consider "old fashioned."
14. I get the "itch to move" way to often. This is the longest I have been in one house (just coming up on 2 full years) since I was 18. The constant moving invokes a now deep routed urge to purge. I love getting rid of stuff and trying to be more organized. I firmly believe the longer you live somewhere the more junk you subconsciously accumulate and happen to "find places for it." I honestly feel like simplifying my life right now by getting rid of a ton of stuff I just don't use, so I am trying to fulfill that urge by finishing the crafts in my craft bin over the next year. There will be a good purge this time next year when it is time to move, and when we get into a new house. It will be a "breath of fresh air" so to speak.
15. I really do want more kids sometime... sooner rather than later. However, my uterus is not screaming hello at me right now. Funny I felt like having another baby when Noah was younger, but for now I really am content having Noah. I am enjoying watching him grow and develop and enjoying all the laughter and love he shares with me everyday. I am praying that someday in the near future I will feel the urge to have another baby so Noah will have siblings, and I pray that God is gracious enough to bless us with at least one more little miracle!