Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We're leaving on an airplane...

Have I mentioned yet how very excited I am that we are going on vacation?!?!?!? We take off this coming Mon around 12:30pm and will be landing in Good ol' Michigan around 10am Tuesday morning! I am beyond trilled to be going back home to see family and friends, celebrate a wedding, and some up coming babies! Especially happy that we are going home in the fall, since I can not remember the last time I have been in fall weather, and hopefully we will be able to see some changing colors and enjoy that crisp fall air! I am hoping to make it to a few apple orchards/mills, maybe a pumpkin patch and just see a few favorite spots while we are visiting.



The first week we are home, we will be making the eastern side of MI home while we visit with Wes' family. It will be fun and I am sure entertaining knowing the Sutton's to see everyone again and get to know them a little better. I have only met most of his family members for a brief time after the wedding. It will be good for Wes to have a chance to visit with them and spend some time with his grandma too. Then we will enjoy a good friend's wedding over the weekend before heading back to the west side of the state to spend 2 crazy weeks bouncing back and forth between my family members.



I am fortunate to have two loving families that care enough for us and our baby to be throwing us baby showers while we are home. My stepmother Wendy is throwing one for us on the 1st of Oct. and my mom and Wes' mom are throwing a joint one for us on the 11th of Oct. I am really looking forward to both of them and just being able to visit with the friends and family that gather at them.



Wes' mom and dad are also driving up from TN. to join us for a long weekend of celebrating Noah! I am looking forward to my Dad and Wendy being able to get to know Wes' parents a little better over dinner when they head into town, and for Wes to have some time with his dad (and of course mom too, but I think she has plans to go shopping!)



Luckily for me, my best Friend Elaney is also going to be in town over the 3rd for her baby shower and I feel blessed to be able to go to it! I am so looking forward to seeing her since we have only seen each other 2 times in 5 years...once at her wedding in 2005 and once at mine in 2008! I am so thankful for her friendship and knowing that no matter how much time passes in between seeing each other, it feels like yesterday when we pick up the phone!



Other than that we are having pregnancy photos taken (thank you Jacob and and Trish!), celebrating my birthday, I have a mission to find Dirty Bastard beer for my father in law, meeting up with people for dinners and conversations and trying to find some time to relax in between all the chaos. But that is my life when visiting family.



So needless to say, time is going to pass quickly while we are home, but I am determined to make the most of it. The blog might not be updated until we return on Oct 13. or later but i promise it will be full of pictures and information!

No comments:

Post a Comment