Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Complete and Utter Realization of Reality







Yesterday Wesley and I went on a long overdue date just the two of us. It lasted all day and I had an absolutely wonderful time. He wandered through the craft fair here on Hickam with me which we then followed with Lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. After Lunch we took a stroll through the Waikiki Aquarium to look at the different sea life here in Hawaii. We sipped on Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks. Watched Couple's Retreat at the Theatre. Went shopping at Babies r Us and Walmart for a few needed items. And spent time just enjoying each others company before calling it a night and heading to bed.
Wes thinks part of me had an alternative motive for this date since it landed on the same weekend we got engaged two years ago (which yes of course I reminded him :) but the truth is that was just by chance. I honestly just wanted to spend some quality time dating my husband again before the baby comes.
As our night was coming to a close and we were driving over to the Babies R Us store in Pearl City it really made me think about life a little.
When we are younger we think that we can plan our whole life out to be perfect. I for one wanted to be married by the time I was 22-23 years old to a tall, dark haired, dark eyed man, have my first kid by the time I was 25 and number two by the time I was 27. I never dreamed that I would live in Hawaii, but did think I might make it here on vacation eventually. I always thought that I would be a working woman and my family would be around to help out with the day care of the kids. Etc. etc.
Last night made me so happy when I realized that all the things I had dreamt of when I was younger didn't come true. Instead I got married to my Blonde haired, blue eyed, only two inches taller than me, but never the less handsome husband at the ripe age of 28. Followed by not having my first kid until after the age of 29, with no clue when a second baby might even follow! I actually LIVE in Hawaii, didn't just come for a week long vacation to make me poor...instead I get three years of being poor in paradise :). I have no plans of returning to work anytime soon while we are here or while I have kids at home, and unfortunately we live the furthest we can away from my family while still living in the United States...so no help with Child Care there.
But despite all the differences between what I dreamt of my life when I was younger, compared to the reality of it all now, I honestly wouldn't change a thing. I love my husband with all of my heart and couldn't imagine ever being happier with my life, my marriage or my family. I love the fact that I get to experience being a stay at home wife and mother and all the love, trials and tribulations that will come with that responsibility.
Needless to say I am so Thankful that all of my "childhood" dreams didn't come true, and that God handed me a much better Reality than I could have ever dreamt of.

No comments:

Post a Comment