Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I feel HUGE!!!

So today I just feel HUGE! There is no other way to describe it. Not that it is a bad thing, I mean for God's sake I am pregnant, but I mean huge! I am sure that yesterday it didn't help that the public health lady made me really mad when she told me I had gained to much weight! According to the doctor's scale I am up this week, and how it happened so fast I don't know. But the scale at public health put me even heavier than the doctors. Then she was kind enough to show me this little chart that says I should have only gained 5 pounds by now! Are you kidding me? I am almost 18 weeks pregnant! That is half way there! So we discussed nutrition and what I eat and afterwards I asked her what i should change to help watch my weight. Needless to say she couldn't come up with anything since 90% of what I eat is healthy! So sorry that I don't fit onto your really messed up scale!
So I am up (according to the doctor's scale) about 11 lbs (and that is fully dressed and after lunch), but I don't think that is entirely unreasonable for being about half way through this pregnancy. I will say that I have no idea how I gained 5 lbs since last Thursday, if this is truly the case, it isn't like I get to sit around all day eating Bon bons. However, I do feel huge and like my stomach has moved even further out. I guess that time will tell if it is here to stay or if I am just really bloated this week! Either way I have resolved to be alright with it and just ignore the public health lady. My doctors don't act concerned, so why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment