Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2


Today did not start out with a bang. I went to boot camp and got weighed in. I weighed exactly the same as last month, so good for not gaining
(which doesn't seem to be my problem since I never really gain...I just don't loose....I have not gained anything since having a baby if you need clarification...that is where the majority of my extra weight is still from, although I understand by now, I am obviously not doing something right or I would have lost it by now)
however, my inches were not the same. Needless to say I didn't write them down because most were almost exactly the same...but the one that pissed me off was my belly button measurement. According to her measurements I gained 3.5 inches in my belly in 4 weeks...but according to my measurements I am the same. I could tell that the tape measure was to low in the back though when she was doing the measurements, and no I am not trying to make excuses, I could just tell....so of course I am pissed because I look like a big fatty...or at least that is how I felt. I am going to have another friend remeasure me...and yes she does it for a living too, to see what she comes up with...It just doesn't make since how I can not gain weight but gain 3.5 inches in my tummy. oh well moving on
That set the mood for my morning. I was so pissy that I actually considered not joining the boot camp again next month. I mean hell, why am I paying and seeing numbers like that? After I calmed down and thought about everything however, I know it is best for me to stay in the class. I have gained a ton of strength from it and overall i just feel better going, well at least most days. Plus it is the only class around that offers child care.  That really is a big catcher. I don't have a ton of time to go at night, unless I want to skip out on the few hours a night we get to spend as a family, and I have never been a person who enjoys working out at night anyways so I think I would just dread that. Plus almost all of the classes i would like to go to are during the day...and that means a babysitter...upon which I don't have.
So my conclusion is to really work hard at some changes this next month and see how the results add up. If the numbers don't move much though I might just cry my damn eyes out. Seriously.
Today was another good day food wise.
Breakfast: 1 cup of Skim milk and 1 Special K protein bar
Snack: A few celery stalks and 1 Tbsp of peanut butter
Lunch: 2 slices low cal whole wheat bread with 2 thin slices provolone, 2  oz chicken lunch meat and 1 Tbsp of light mayo
Snack: Granola bar
Dinner: 1 Small grilled pork chop with Greek spices, 1/2 cup stuffing, and a portion of mixed frozen veges (broccoli, peas and carrots)
Snack 1.5 cups cold skim milk 1 small
Definitely within my calorie limit and on the low side of it at that with 1262

I also did the 60 min boot camp with legs and shoulders today. so that is good although i have no idea how to even begin the calorie burn count on that and the "boot camp" button on sparkpeople would give me 800 and some calories burned which I feel is just to many....so I don't know, maybe I am wrong.

I haven't got to look up an article yet, but plan to after finishing this post and well let you know tomorrow if I find anything good.

Today ended better than it started. I am determined to not let my attitude from this morning sabotage me for a week. I need to be proud of what I am doing.

The plan for tomorrow is to try to get a good run/walk in again during my son's morning nap and while the hubby is sleeping (yes he is on a different shift for a few days) so pray my kid wants a nap early before it is to hot!

Just found this article... http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1605

1 comment:

  1. Everything is different for different people. You read that article, and it mentions women who have PCOS and weight loss trouble. That's the group I fall into. :-) Sometimes you have to cater your diet to you body and find what works. Don't be discouraged by the numbers. Instead, take time to notice how much better you feel because of eating healthy and exercising. And go to boot camp! An hour for yourself with childcare? That's just plain good for you.

    ReplyDelete