Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 6: Photo Challenge

Day 6: A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.

This is a picture of my mom holding Noah in January 2010. 

     Let's be really honest I really don't want to change places with my mom. She has a hard situation which I am sure I wouldn't be able to handle with an ounce of the patience that she does every day all year long. She is a true testement of loving someone else "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health..." 
     However, I would love to trade places with my mom for a day so that she could be with her grandson. Her love for him is so apparent even though they are 5000 miles away and she has seen him for less than a month of his life over the last 13.5 months. She tells him she loves him almost every day on the phone and talks to him like she is right in the room. I know that it breaks her heart to not be able to stop over and see Noah, or spend a day with him just because. I would love for her to just have a day with him to herself to share her laughter with him and him with her, to take him where ever she wanted, to share stories with him, and rock him and kiss him goodnight. 



1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I love this. Because as I type, my mom is getting ready to brave a Michigan blizzard to catch her flight down here for Sam's 1st birthday. I know exactly what you mean by wanting to give your mom time with your son.

    ReplyDelete