Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 5: Photo Challenge

Day 5: A Picture of Your Favorite Memory

 I know some explanation is needed on how this photo is my "favorite memory." This picture was taken at the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN. in Oct. 2007. Wes and I had taken a road trip up to Tennessee so that I could meet his parents and he could visit with them. He was so nervous because he had never brought a girl home to meet his folks before and I was nervous because his father, who I had been calling Bob the whole time I had been talking to him, had recently informed me that he would appreciate being called "Mr. Sutton." I thought his father was joking at first, but after joking about it a few times I figured out he was dead serious. While we were visiting his parents we had a mandatory "family fun day" upon which I was able to go. The Aquarium was beautiful and I would highly recommend it if you are ever in the area. Wes and I had been having a great time and I remember as we were walking in the tunnel that went through the tank and we were surrounded by the fish and sharks and all kinds of sea life I wanted to tell Wes.... "I Love You!" I had never said those words to him before, or any guy for that matter, and I wanted to shout it from the roof tops, or maybe in this case the bottom of the "sea". However, I am beyond stubborn and was slightly afraid of what he would say, let alone if his family heard, plus I wanted him to say it first! Yes that is right we had been talking and dating for basically a year and we had never said those three little words! Both of us took those words seriously and believed they should only be said if you meant them with your whole heart.
     So after a day of family fun, it was time for bed. I had crawled into the twin bed in the basement of Wes' parents house and Wes had come over to tuck me in and give me a kiss goodnight and as he was kneeling there he asked me if he could tell me something. I said "of course." and Wes replied with " I Love You!" Without any hesitation or reservations I sat up and said, "I Love You Too!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, please tell me you don't have to call your father-in-law "Mr. Sutton" anymore! My mother-in-law is almost 74 years old and I have never called her "Mrs. Brooks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...no right after we were engaged they came to visit us in Fl. (about a month after our visit to TN) and he asked me if I would call him Dad. Weirded me out at first...going from one extreme to another, and I had never called anyone else dad before besides my own, but it fits! he is a great Father in law. I tease him a lot though telling him I am going to teach Noah to call him Mr. Sutton!

    ReplyDelete