Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 15: Photo Challenge

Day 15: A picture of something you want to do before you die.


I want to do so many things before I die. I want to read the Bible, own a house, have another child, see Mount Rushmore, go scuba diving, run/walk in a race for a cause, be a wonderful mother and a good wife, learn how to grow a garden, learn to can vegetables and fruit, take another photography class, learn to do more on the computer, learn sign language, travel to the remaining 50 states I haven't been to, go to the Statue of Liberty, be in Times Square on New Years Eve, See the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza, become a better cook, see my kid(s) grow and see him(them) fall in love: get married: and have babies. This list could go on and on. Some of the things are significant, some of them not so much, but that is okay. 

The picture I choose above is of Greece. I would love to travel anywhere is Europe. Italy. Ireland. Greece. UK. Germany....pretty much anywhere in Europe. I am not going to lie. There are many places I just don't have a desire to visit or see, but there is just something that tugs me toward Europe. 
Maybe it is all the hopeless romance movies with the scenes like the one above. There is something breath taking about those white buildings with blue roofs set against the backdrop of an ocean that just makes me want to loose myself in it's surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. I will tell you that Santorini is just as glorious and beautiful in person. There are rooftop restaurants where you can get good moussaka and cheap Greek wine while enjoying spectacular views. Greece was my travel dream, and my husband sent my sister and I while he was doing two weeks up at the Pentagon. I'm glad I got to do it before Sam came along, but now I'm anxious to take him (and the next kid) back with me. It's a good thing to stick on a bucket list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that someday I will be blessed to go!

    ReplyDelete